Duties Applicant must be able to:
- Assist the Chief Security Officer in the day to day management, planning, directing and coordinating of the Security Division operations
- Supervise and organize placement of staff as required, delegate tasks, and monitor and evaluate staff performance.
- Develop an ongoing training program in the relevant areas to assist in the overall development and effectiveness of the Security staff
- Formulate and implement departmental policies, processes and procedures including best practices to maximize output and support organizational goals.
- Monitor adherence to rules, regulations and procedures.
- Implement and manage best practices, improve processes and policies
- Manage the maintenance of all security equipment.
- Assist the Chief Security Officer in the development of a security plan for the organization and to implement and manage the said plan.
Education and Experience Applicant must:
- Have achieved academic/certified training in a
security related field.
Possess at least 5 years’ experience at a middle management/supervisory level in a security related organization.
Be an intelligent, articulate and persuasive leader who can serve as an effective member of the senior management team.
- Be a team player, people oriented and able to motivate his staff and manage conflicts.
- Have a desire to undergo further training in aspects of port related security
- Possess good communication skills, critical thinking and problem solving skills and be able to make management decisions. Salary will be commensurate with qualification and experience.
Application must be addressed to:
The General Manager Nevis Air & Sea Ports Authority,
Long Point Port, Nevis