The Maintenance Technician is responsible for basic maintenance at the ports with the aim of keeping an efficient, effective and user friendly surroundings and operation. He will be responsible to the Senior Technician.
- Simple repairs to locks, doors and other aspects of buildings;
- Basic repairs to fixtures and furniture.
- Keep premises in an orderly condition.
- Provides maintenance and minor repairs to plumbing
- Painting and other basic construction related work
- Perform repair work to fencing
- Any other reasonable duty assigned
Education and Experience
-At least one (1) year experience in General Repairs and Maintenance work.
-Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Basic maintenance and repair work including plumbing, painting and aspects of building and grounds maintenance
- Efficient utilization of basic maintenance tools
- Safety techniques and procedures
- Ability to understand and carry out routine oral and written instructions
- make routine decisions independently
- sustain long periods of light to moderately heavy physical activity
- work harmoniously with others.